Truliant at Work Officer
The Truliant at Work Officer is responsible for the identification, solicitation, and management of new employer-based, Business Partners (BP) s that generate long-term, tangible value to Truliant through the cost effective acquisition of new memberships, loans, and deposit balances. This position manages a portfolio of prospective and new BPs, as well as existing BPs, within an assigned geographic area which includes overall relationship and penetration growth of these BPs. Utilizes strategic planning and sales skills to ensure all short and long term growth objectives are met within specific timelines.
The TAW Officer serves as the primary business-to-business sales, relationship development, and educator in Truliant’s key markets in conducting outreach, retention, and cultivation activities to prospective and existing TAW Business Partners. Builds brand equity and generates new business through on-site events, participation in professional networking events and other lead generation activities including new prospect cold and warm calling. Work involves moderate difficult in negotiating access to prospective and new BPs, development of marketing plans and related strategies, and ongoing cultivation of existing BP relationships. The TAW Officer serves as the financial wellness expert helping BP employees improve their wellness through financial education activities including seminars at BP sites and webinars. Additional responsibilities include participation in relationship and resource management, strategic planning initiatives, team meetings, onsite events at BP locations, presenting seminars in person or via webinar, community events and support of financial wellness programming, and internal partner outreach to increase awareness, support, and new Business Partner.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Identifies and acquires new partnerships with local and national employers within assigned geographic area. Manages an active sales pipeline and ensures new BP goals are achieved through ongoing review, analysis, and outreach to local companies as well as by cultivating internal and external referral sources.
- Identifies and generates new business opportunities through corporate events, local networking events with the HR associations and other professional networking groups, community engagement, telemarketing, and research of local business market to identify right-fit prospects.
- Engages primary decision makers and influencers within BPs to negotiate ongoing, meaningful access to new partners and ensures strong level of visibility and access to employees to market benefits to target audience. Negotiates ongoing, meaningful access to prospective and existing members within existing BPs to ensure strong level of visibility and access to employees to market credit union benefits.
- Independently manages schedule and appointment calendar and facilities reoccurring onsite visits, seminars, webinars, and follow ups for accounts under management. Maintains schedule to ensure minimum requirements for potential partner meetings, telemarketing calls, and other sales activities are met with limited supervision from the department Manager.
- Clearly demonstrates expert level of knowledge of core benefits of credit union affiliation, technical aspects of establishing business partnership and logistics of enrollment.
- Conducts research on industry trends and best practices and provides regular feedback to manager to assist in the calibration and development of BP acquisition strategies, collateral development, and ongoing enhancements to program offering.
- Maintains knowledge with industry trends and market intelligence for assigned accounts and regional territory.
- Maintains and strengthens relationships with Truliant MFC’s by participating in MFC Staff and Manager meetings and ongoing communication including relevant updates on visits/meetings with Business Partners~~.~~
- Works as a consultant with MFC’s to drive growth in other areas on planning/conducting of community and MFC events.
- Prepares company profiles containing information relating to the prospective Business Partner and business implications for Chief Planning Team, Board and NCUA approval.
- Evaluates feedback on business partners prospecting activities with the ability to identify appropriate techniques and strategic to utilize in order to increase and enhance the performance of the TAW business prospecting and development process.
- Responsible for all planning, coordination, and execution of all aspects of BP onsite visits and events including the following: logistics, scheduling, outside vendors, marketing materials, financial seminars or webinars, and credit reviews to promote financial wellness, literacy, and credit union benefits.
- Responsible for holistic financial wellness program building, selling, implementation, and consulting that seeks to engage, develop and motivate BP employees.
- Evaluates surveys and feedback on financial education activities with the ability to identify appropriate techniques, content and learning strategies to utilize in order to increase the financial literacy and wellness of existing BPs employees.
- Responsible for research, development, implementation and making adjustments to presentation materials that support Truliant financial wellness curriculum including use of financial counseling and education service vendor resources and preparing exhibits and literature used to develop various financial wellness strategies for employer groups.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with other tasks and projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be detail oriented, with excellent time management and organizational skills Must have proven ability to coordinate multiple events and meetings simultaneously Must have excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written Must have strong public speaking and presentation skills Must have proven ability to utilize various sales techniques, with strong persuasive skills Must have the ability to work with people at different job levels ranging from CEO’s and Senior Managers to front-line employees Must have excellent computer skills, with basic knowledge of the MS Office suite of products Must have ability to understand all business processes within the Credit Union Must be able to work in a general office environment Must be flexible and able to shift resources and priorities as required Must be able to complete all assignments with minimal supervision Should possess a strong commitment to providing excellent service to Truliant’s members
- Occasional standing for long periods of time, walking long distances , bending, and stooping required
- Frequent travel required (up to 75%), including evenings, weekends and overnight travel
- Must be able to sit at a desk for long periods of time and use a computer
- Must be able to moderately lift or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 40 pounds
Education and Background
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in business development, sales or related field required
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in business-to-business sales required
- Previous experience in financial services/business development related field preferred
- Previous marketing analysis experience helpful
- Knowledge of educational training techniques helpful