Business Services Officer
The Business Services Officer I delivers the Credit Union’s business products and services to existing and new Credit Union members as available within established guidelines. The main goal is to provide financing, through Truliant’s lending program including the Small Business Administration (SBA) program, for the member/borrower to purchase equipment, furniture and fixtures, commercial real estate and/or to provide financing proceeds for working capital, business acquisition or refinancing on existing debt.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Facilitates routine business loan requests by both members and non-members, from information gathering, credit evaluation/underwriting, and loan documentation to loan closing and trailing document follow-up.
- Interviews member and non-member applicants and analyzes applicant financial status, credit, and collateral evaluation to determine feasibility of granting credit.
- Develops contacts and leads in order to generate Member Business Loans using such programs as Small Business Administration (SBA) loan financing for small businesses. Gathers pertinent financial information, develops loan packages, and ensures loan agreements are complete and accurate according to policy.
- Performs ongoing portfolio management including growing member business relationships, monitoring loan portfolio quality, and loan collections.
- Develops and implements calling effort for both business members and non-members, focusing on new relationship creation, relationship expansion and external referral sources. Generates leads through cold calling and existing contacts and internal partners to develop loans and deposits.
- Develops and maintains relationships with MFC Staff within designated geographic area for support and referrals of Business Services leads. Resolves member questions/complaints through direct involvement or through coordination with other credit union employees.
- Contributes to creation of complex credit memos and assists in making presentations for larger loan requests to the Commercial Underwriter, Commercial Market Executive, and/or Member Business Loan Committee for approval. Prepares checklists and appropriate documents for submission to the SBA processing center.
- Delivers, upon approval, commitment letter and goes over details of entire program.
- Signs members/borrowers up for closings and is responsible for all facets of the loan.
- Provides community service by participating in community activities as a representative of Truliant Credit Union.
- Assists with analysis/design of new business services products.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with other tasks and projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have excellent knowledge of real estate loans, both investor and owner occupied Must have excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written Must have strong presentation skills Must have strong PC skills, with intermediate knowledge of MS Excel and Word Must have the ability to work with people at different job levels ranging from Senior Managers to front line employees Must have ability to understand all business processes within the credit union Must be detail oriented, with excellent time management and organizational skills Must be able to work in a general office environment Must be flexible and able to shift resources and priorities as required Must be able to complete all assignments with minimal supervision Should possess a strong commitment to providing excellent service to Truliant’s members
- Occasional standing, walking, bending, and stooping required
- Must be able to sit at a desk for long periods of time and use a computer
- Must be able to moderately lift or move up to 5 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 10 pounds
Education and Background
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Business, Finance, or related field required; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years experience in commercial lending required, including analyzing business financial statements, granting and structuring business loan requests, and generating business loan documentation
- Previous experience in financial services/business development related field preferred